The Compass Rose House
You won't find anything better if you want a natural, peaceful Pacific Northwest experience! Serenity awaits you. THE COMPASS ROSE HOUSE is one of three separate homes on over 20 acres, all with Olympic Mountain views. These secluded rentals offer you a haven to explore all the diversity the Olympic Peninsula has to offer. Roam our lush lupine covered meadows, languish by the ponds, see Bald Eagles and Blue Heron and access The Olympic National Park, just minutes away.
The THE COMPASS ROSE HOUSE is carefully handcrafted and meticulously detailed. Newly finished, this home has commanding views of the Olympic Mountains and the large pond. The open plan with vaulted ceilings feels very roomy and open to nature while also being cozy. This beautiful cedar home is ideal for couples, but can accommodate up to 8.
The master bedroom looks onto the Lupine Pond, a 1/2 acre trout-filled pond that reflects the mountain views and attracts a large variety of birds. An upstairs room, open to the lower level, and accessed by a 'ship's ladder', has a view of the pond and the lovely private, surrounding meadows.
Enjoy cooking in the deluxe kitchen, well equipped with all the cooking amenities, staples and spices and a gas stove, oven, large refrigerator and island. The bathroom with walk-in large tiled shower comes equipped with washer and dryer.
There is wood stove with a glass door so you can watch the fire and curl up with a good book, or simply enjoy the comfort of the radiant heated floors.
The sliding glass doors open to a large deck where you can take in the awesome Olympic Mountains and the acres of natural, unspoiled meadows. Have a barbecue, watch the Bald Eagles as they dive for trout in the pond. Gaze at the stars at night, roast marshmallows around the fire pit, roam the meadows or take an adventure into Olympic National Park.
THE COMPASS ROSE HOUSE can also be rented for groups along with our other two cabins. See our other VRBO listings.
Ten minutes away are Sequim and Port Angeles, the world’s longest sand spit, the ferry to Victoria, B.C., Canada and the entrance to Olympic National Park, where the road to Hurricane Ridge takes you to a stunning view of active glaciers in the Olympic Mountains.
Within minutes you can venture into the moss covered rain forest, enjoy a pristine glacier carved lake, hike hundreds of miles of wilderness trails with crystal clear rivers and majestic waterfalls, be awed by the sandy rugged beaches, and soak in natural hot springs.
Whether you are a nature lover who likes to kayak, surf, fish, spot birds, watch whales, bike or hike the trails, or someone who is search of a perfect quiet natural setting, here you will find your heart’s desire.
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Preferred that anyone under 25 be accompanied by an older person but call owner to discuss responsibility. No wild parties.less
- Wheelchair Accessible:
Only one step up to enter.We provide a ramp with pre-arrangement.
- Non Smoking Only:
Outside smoking allowed only.
- Pets Not Allowed:
Call to inquire.
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Bedroom 2: 1 queen, 4 twin/ single
- master bedroomSee Description): 1 queen
very roomy master bedroom with desk and closets
- Queen size Beds (2) Firm mattresses with memory-foam topper, fine linens and quilts. One queen bed in private bedroom, one queen bed shares open loft with one single bed and three plush single floor sleeping mattresses. Twin or Single Beds (4) One single day bed and three single, quality floor beds in the open loft, with linens and quilts.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1: toilet, shower
lovely tiled walk in shower
- excellent large, modern bathroom with walk-in shower and washer and dryer.
Kitchen & Dining
High quality new kitchen, gas stove,oven and all the amenities: great pots and pans, wok, staples and spices including coffee beans and grinder, teas, cocoa, flour, sugar, oil, mayonnaise, mustard, katsup and more.
- Dishes & Utensils:
Guests say we haven't forgotten anything. Cuisinart processor, blender, espresso maker, salad spinner, garlic press, quality dishware and serving ware-everything you might need.
- Cooking Utensils:
nearly everything for easy cooking and baking; crab pot, non-stick pans, wok, tea pot and coffee maker, all the utensils for good cooking.
- Pantry Items:
Huge array of spices and herbs, dip seasonings, flour, sugar, oils, balsamic vinegar, regular vinegar and so much more.
- Catering Available:
Sequim and Port Angeles have catering and some restaurants have home delivery services.
Great new 4 burner gas stove for the best of cooking
Full size with freezer
- Coffee Maker:electric drip and espresso maker.
Drip coffee and espresso maker
- Dining Area Seats:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
There are many scenic areas on our 20 acres to park. Water and electricity available at some locations for an extra charge.
- Wood Stove:
glass door to view the fire, plenty of wood provided. Radiant floors throughout the home for heat.
- Air Conditioning:
no need for air conditioning since the average summer temperature is 72 degrees F, 21 degrees C.
easy to park right at the front door or anywhere in the surrounding meadow
- Linens Provided:
Fine linens and plush towels, good quilts and plenty of pillows.
radiant heat is in the floor-warm and cozy as you want
- Parking Off Street:
private acreage parking, off a main road.
- Towels Provided:
Plenty of good quality, plush towels
- Washing Machine:
private, in the bathroom
- Covered Parking:
Carport is separated
- Clothes Dryer:
private, in bathroom
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Olympic National Forest is a short hike away and you can drive up the road and get into a remote part of Olympic National Park where you can have views of glaciers and stunning wilderness. Fishing poles are provided for fishing in Lupine Pond. The Compass Rose House is private and separated from the other rentals by acres of flower covered meadows.There is a large fire pit out in front of the Compass Rose House in the private meadow. All wood is provided. Port Angeles airport pick-up and delivery service with pre-arrangement.
A good selection of books includes Northwest fiction and non-fiction, hiking guides and more about the area.
Many games for all ages
- Video Library:
DVDs for every age
- Music Library:
A few varied CDs
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Free U.S. long distance calls. Cell phone reception is good.
- Free Long Distance:
U.S. calls are free
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
Outside under the stars and on the deck. Exclusive use for the Compass Rose House only.
- Communal Pool:
Log Cabin pool is available only if rented as a group
The gazebo by Lupine Pond is a lovely place to picnic and view the mountain panorama. This is a focal point for weddings also.
- Deck / Patio:
Lovely outdoor chairs and table. A separate fire-pit area has log seats.
- Outdoor Bar-B-Que, propane with smokebox
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Water View
- Mountain View
- Scenic hikes and drives, Bird Watching, Beach combing, Wildlife Viewing, Sight Seeing, Walking, Cross Country Skiing, Kayaking, Surfing, Wind-Surfing, Rafting, Sailing, Jet Skiing, Fishing, Racquetball, Tennis, Hiking, Swimming, Fly Fishing, Snowboarding, Snorkeling/Diving, Parasailing, Rock Climbing, Golf, Mountain Biking, Hunting, Surf Fishing, Sound/Bay Fishing, Freshwater Fishing, Skiing, Water Skiing, Cycling, Fitness Center, Horseback Riding, Health/Beauty Spa, Zoo, Boating, Shelling, Shopping, Winery Tours, Cinemas, Restaurants, Museums, Library, Churches, Live Theater, Antiquing, Hospital, Groceries, ATM/Bank, Medical Services, Massage Therapist, Laundromat, Sledding.
- Easy access to Olympic National Park, worlds longest sand spit, rain forest, hot springs, whale watching, ferry to Victoria, B.C. Canada, Indian reservations, 7 Cedars Casino, museums, great beaches and all the amenities of the Olympic Peninsula. We are 4 miles from a Multiplex Cinema.